Monday, October 27, 2008

Voting day

so tonite will show a new set of MLAs for the GN and all I can say to that is: the Nunavut Elections Act should be one of the first things to be reviewed and amended. My after-thoughts are: would my non-voting ability play at least a significantly minor part? We'll see after tonite.

And what of next week when South Baffin holds its by-election? I don't think many people will notice. The other by-election is what interests me more despite being from SB.

happy voting Nunamiut - I can wait to cast my ballot in 4 years. Maybe then my residency should be cleared up.

update: results can be found here, read coverage on the voter turnout decrease, and a call for gender-parity.

I get all my other "news" through the grapevine aside from CBC North, Nunatsiaq News and News North.

No comments:

Post a Comment